Venue: Science School, Ulu Yam
Travel Time: 90 minutes
Date: Sunday 7th August, 2016
Run Starts at: 15:00 – Be there for 14:45
Hare: Isis Renshaw
Co-Hare(s): Maya & Aslan Oakley
How to get there:
Look it up on Google Maps:
-go to www.google.com/maps
-Search for:GPS 3° 24.37′ N 101° 39.54′ E
The science school is on Persiaran Antara Gapi, about 100m from the junction with the main Ulu Yam – Batu Caves road, and a few km from Ulu Yam Baru.
Via the N-S highway
– Take exit 117, for Sungei Buaya (this is the new-ish exit between Rawang R&R and Bukit Beruntung)
– After the toll, turn left at the traffic lights
– Go straight (windy road) for just over 2km until you reach traffic lights
– Turn right at the lights, towards Serendah/Rawang
– Drive straight for about 3km, passing the Perodua factory, until you hit the old highway 1 at Sungei Choh
– Keep in the far left lane (there is usually a queue to turn right) and turn left towards Serendah / KKB / Ipoh
– Drive for about 10km until you see a traffic-light junction with colourful new (mostly empty) shop-lots on your left
– Get into the right-hand lane, and turn right at the lights, into Antara Gapi
– Drive along Persiaran Antara Gapi for 5km, until the science school is on your right – this is only about 100 metres before the Ulu-Yam – Batu Caves road, so if you reach that road then you’ve gone 100m too far
– turn sharp right (180 degrees) onto a small road that leads behind the school
– follow this track and hash signs until you reach the run-site, by a small bridge across a stream
Batu Dam Road
For those taking the dam road behind Batu Caves, this is 25.4km to the run-site from the turn off from the MRR2 onto Lebuh Utama Sri Gombak up the hill towards Taman Seri Gombak (which is the turn about 2km clockwise from Batu Caves, just past the Taman Bolton estate (which is just past the Aerofoam factory) … and can be arrived at alternatively by taking the Duke highway from the Solaris Mount Kiara area, and taking the E33 (or 3309) spur towards Taman Seri Gombak):-
– Set trip-meter at the point of entering Lebuh Utama Sri Gombak up to Taman Seri Gombak (this is where you have either turned left off the MRR2, coming clockwise from Batu Caves, or where you have slipped off left coming anti-clockwise from Ampang Point and have crossed the bridge right to get onto that road).
– Go straight through three lights (at 0.5, 1.5 & 1.9 km). The last Speedy-99 is almost immediately after, on your right.
– Road curves right then left at 2.2km, then curves right at 2.6km and crosses a bridge slightly right then slightly left at 2.8km. You are now going through a Kampung/Village.
– Take first right at T-junction at 2.9km,
– Followed by first left at 3.0km, where the road curves left (with a dead end to the right).
– Take a right turn at the tall square water tank on stilts at 3.2km,
– Followed by a left turn at 3.3km, where there is a skool in front of you at the junction.
– Follow the road straight, down the hill, going over a few speed bumps, up the hill, and then down again, turning right at the junction at 4.4km.
– Follow this road straight (but it is quite winding). You will reach the top of the hill at 16.1km, where people will be taking ‘fresh’ water from the hill-side on your left.
– Go down the hill and along, keeping straight (winding) and beware the sweeping right hand curve at 24.1km.
– Take a left, just after the sweeping curve, at 24.5km, onto Persiaran Antara Gapi
– Slip off left at the side gate to the Sains school at 24.7km.
– Drive along and behind the school playing field, arriving at the run-site at 25.4km.
At the run-site there is a small waterfall with a small pool below it – perfect for splashing around to cool off after the run!
Please park neatly – big brave cars can drive carefully up the steep slope and park above the waterfall