We don’t often repeat the run sites this soon but we are back with the old and familiar again! If you came by in August, you will remember the site right by a cool stream and a little suspension bridge. Some of us brought our fur kids along and they too had a blast.
Run-site: Ulu Rening, near Huda’s Haven resort (in the Genting Valley, near Hulu Yam / Batang Kali)
Travel Time: 70 to 80 minutes, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 9th August, 2020
Registration: 1:00 onwards
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
This month we are starting HOT DOGS again!!!
As usual, we buy the best premium sausages from Victoria Crest (halal), so your taste buds and stomachs are guaranteed a good time.
So there’s no need to bring your own picnics (but you still can if you want).
And as always, we will have plenty of drinks for the young and the old, so don’t forget to bring some change.
Also, for the members who didn’t renew your membership last month, don’t forget RM100 per kid, and try to come early as renewal takes a minute longer than normal registration.
PLEASE remember to register BEFORE the run, in a socially distanced manner, at our registration desk. Members just mark the registration sheet, and guests must fill in kids’ details (plus a phone number) on the guest sheet, and pay the guest fees of RM10 per kid.
EVERYONE (members and guests) must also sign out AFTER the run, so we know that nobody is lost.
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate – just click on the icon below or look up “Huda’s Haven” on Waze.
But don’t drive all the way to Huda’s Haven – follow the directions below (or our KLJHHH bunny signs) when you get close.
Once you reach the T-junction in Ulu Rening village, turn left and follow brown signs towards “Huda’s Haven” and then green signs towards ‘Tanah Perkuburan Islam Kg Hulu Rening Selangor’, until you see our usual KLJHHH bunny signs.
The run site is before a suspension footbridge across the river.
Once you get within around 200m of the footbridge, you need to look for parking beside the track, as there isn’t any big car park at the end.
Please stay on open/public land and don’t block any entrances.
From BATU CAVES:
– Take the B57 Hulu Yam Baharu road.
– Drive pass the Hulu Yam dam and reservoir.
– At Hulu Yam town turn right towards Genting Highlands on B113 and set trip meter to zero.
– 4.4 km Traffic lights, Shell station on Left, turn RIGHT onto B114.
– 5.9 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 10.7 km (T-junction in village) Turn LEFT
– 10.9 km Turn RIGHT
– 11.3 km Turn LEFT
– 11.4 km Turn RIGHT and look for space to park
– 11.6 km Run site
– Continue north on Highway 1 ( Old Ipoh Road ) through Serendah to Batang Kali.
– At traffic light in Batang Kali turn RIGHT onto B113, and reset your trip-meter.
– 1.9 km At traffic lights (Shell station on right) turn LEFT onto B114.
– 3.4 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 8.2 km (T-junction in village) Turn LEFT
– 8.4 km Turn RIGHT
– 8.8 km Turn LEFT
– 8.9 km Turn RIGHT and look for space to park
– 9.1 km Run site