We are back with the old and familiar! This month it’s more of a kampung run than a hard-core jungle run, but there’s no shortage of nature and good views, and the big kids who love to run fast will find plenty of opportunity for that (the slow ones can just walk as usual!). There is a stream to cool off later.
Run-site: Ulu Rening, near Huda’s Haven resort (in the Genting Valley, near Hulu Yam / Batang Kali)
Travel Time: 70 to 80 minutes, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 9th August, 2020
Registration: 1:00 onwards
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
We will have plenty of drinks for the young and the old, so please dont forget to bring some change.
As always, everyone needs to register before the run, at our registration desk.
It is essential for everyone (members and guests) to sign in before the run and sign out after the run, so we know that nobody is lost.
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate – just click on the icon below or look up “Huda’s Haven” on Waze.
Once you reach the T-junction in Ulu Rening village, turn left and follow brown signs towards “Huda’s Haven” and green signs towards ‘Tanah Perkuburan Islam Kg Hulu Rening Selangor’, until you see our usual KLJHHH bunny signs.
The run site is before a footbridge across the river.
Once you get within around 200m of the footbridge, you need to look for parking beside the track, as there isn’t any big car park at the end. Please stay on public land.
From BATU CAVES:
– Take the B57 Hulu Yam Baharu road.
– Drive pass the Hulu Yam dam and reservoir.
– At Hulu Yam town turn right towards Genting Highlands on B113 and set trip meter to zero.
– 4.4 km Traffic lights, Shell station on Left, turn RIGHT onto B114.
– 5.9 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 10.7 km (T-junction in village) Turn LEFT
– 10.9 km Turn RIGHT
– 11.3 km Turn LEFT
– 11.4 km Turn RIGHT and look for space to park
– 11.6 km Run site
– Continue north on Highway 1 ( Old Ipoh Road ) through Serendah to Batang Kali.
– At traffic light in Batang Kali turn RIGHT onto B113, and reset your trip-meter.
– 1.9 km At traffic lights (Shell station on right) turn LEFT onto B114.
– 3.4 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 8.2 km (T-junction in village) Turn LEFT
– 8.4 km Turn RIGHT
– 8.8 km Turn LEFT
– 8.9 km Turn RIGHT and look for space to park
– 9.1 km Run site