Run-site: Old Nambi Estate, near Rasa (beyond Batang Kali)
Travel Time: 1:10 to 1:20, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 12th July, 2020
Registration: 1:15 – 1:45 pm
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
Hares: Renshaw family and Oakley family
Hooray – we’re hashing again!
This month, as we start to get back to normal, we are inviting members and regular hashers.
We will have cold drinks, but no food, so you can think about bringing your own picnic.
We are starting with a nice simple run on relatively flat, easy trails around this secluded run-site, plus an optional loop at the end for people who want a bit more running and mud
For grown-up hashers, it’s the same site that Petaling HHH used last Saturday (4th July).
We don’t know if we will have a large or small pack, so it is even more essential than usual for everyone to sign in before the run and sign out after the run, so we know that nobody is lost in the deep, dark jungle!
We also have to follow a SOP, so we do not risk spreading Covid-19:
– anyone with a high temperature or other symptoms may not attend
– everyone must sign in, with a phone number
– when close to other people around the run site (especially the registration desk),
please wear a face-mask and observe social distancing (masks are optional on the trail)
There is a pleasant stream near the run-site.
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate.
If you click one of these icons, it will direct you to the run-site:
But check the proposed route carefully – we think that Waze is educated now and will no longer suggest that you drive 6km along a very rough track from Batang Kali, which is no longer passable (one car got stuck there last Saturday and had to turn back). To prevent that, simply go via Rasa Chinese Cemetary, which is here:
If you follow these instructions, you should find it easily, but we’ll have paper signs as you get close.
There are a couple of places where you need to take it slowly.
For traditionalists, you could follow the directions below (there are also good alternatives, e.g. past Batu Caves and up the new Rawang bypass, or via the N-S highway to Bukit Beruntung):
From KL Head North on NKVE and Exit 117 for Sungei Buaya / Serendah.
Reset Trip Meter at Toll
- 350m Turn left onto Route 1208
- Go straight (winding road) for just over 2km until you reach traffic lights
- Turn right at the lights, towards Serendah/Rawang
- Drive straight for about 3km, passing the Perodua factory, and keep in the left lane as you approach the old highway 1 at Sungei Choh.
- Approx 7km: turn left at traffic lights onto route 1, towards Serendah / KKB / Ipoh
- 26km (just after bridge and road sign to Rasa on left) Turn Right, following hash signs onto gravel road at cemetery.
Follow Hash signs for a further 3.6km, to the run-site.