Run-site: Old Nambi Estate, near Rasa (beyond Batang Kali)
Travel Time: 1:10 to 1:20, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 7th July, 2019
Registration: 1:15 – 1:45 pm
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
Hares: Oakleyfamily and Frenchfamily
At the run, we will have cold drinks on sale, plus hot dogs (with Victoria Crest sausages).
As usual, all are welcome, including non-members (‘guests’), who can just turn up and go to our registration desk, to sign in and pay the guest fee of RM10 per kid.
It’s essential for everyone (members and guests) to sign in before the run and sign out after the run, so we know that nobody is lost in the deep, dark jungle!
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate.
If you click one of these icons, it will direct you to the run-site:
But check the proposed route carefully, as it might suggest that you drive 6km along a very rough track from Batang Kali, which was never fun and is no longer safe/passable. To prevent that, simply go via Rasa Chinese Cemetary, which is here:
If you follow these instructions, you should find it easily, but we’ll have our usual bunny signs as you get close.
There are a few pot-holes in the last couple of km, but normal cars are fine as long as you take it slow.
For traditionalists, you could follow the directions below (there are also good alternatives, e.g. past Batu Caves and up the new Rawang bypass, or via the N-S highway to Bukit Beruntung):
From KL Head North on NKVE and Exit 117 for Sungei Buaya / Serendah.
Reset Trip Meter at Toll
- 350m Turn left onto Route 1208
- Go straight (winding road) for just over 2km until you reach traffic lights
- Turn right at the lights, towards Serendah/Rawang
- Drive straight for about 3km, passing the Perodua factory, and keep in the left lane as you approach the old highway 1 at Sungei Choh.
- Approx 7km: turn left at traffic lights onto route 1, towards Serendah / KKB / Ipoh
- 26km (just after bridge and road sign to Rasa on left) Turn Right, following hash signs onto gravel road at cemetery.
Follow Hash signs for a further 3.6km, to the run-site.