Run-site: Ulu Rening area (but different from February)
Travel Time: 1h10 to 1h20, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 10th March, 2019
Registration: 1:15 – 1:45 pm
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
Hares: Oakley family
This is another secluded site by a stream to play in.
At the run, we will have cold drinks on sale, plus hot dogs (with Victoria Crest sausages).
As usual, all are welcome, including non-members (‘guests’), who can just turn up and go to our registration desk, to sign in and pay the guest fee of RM10 per kid.
It’s essential for everyone (members and guests) to sign in before the run and sign out after the run, so we know that nobody is lost.
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate.
If you click one of these icons, it will direct you to the turn off the main road, and you can follow our bunny signs from there (or the detailed directions below):
From BATU CAVES:
– Take the B57 Hulu Yam Baharu road.
– Drive pass the Hulu Yam dam and reservoir.
– At Hulu Yam town turn right towards Genting Highlands on B113 and set trip meter to zero.
– 4.4 km Traffic lights, Shell station on Left, turn RIGHT onto B114.
– 5.9 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 10.5 km Turn RIGHT, up a concrete road into a rubber plantation.
– 11.0 km Turn RIGHT, on a fairly steep gravel road, heading down to the run-site
– 12.1 km Reach run-site.
The last part is a gravel road, so drive slowly and carefully.
If you have a 4WD with good clearance, you can drive across the stream at the run site, to find more parking on the other side.
Normal cars can park among the palm trees – please take care not to block the road, especially at the sharp bend.
We’ll have our usual bunny signs as you get close.