(directions updated on 10th February)
Run-site: Ulu Rening (in the Genting Valley, near Hulu Yam / Batang Kali)
Travel Time: 1:10 to 1:20, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 10th February, 2019
Registration: 1:15 – 1:45 pm
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
Hares: Marcus, Lucas and Oscar French
The theme for February’s run is Chinese New Year – Gong Xi Fa Cai to all of you!
There will certainly be fire-crackers, and I’m not sure what else…
We will have cold drinks on sale, plus a full supply of hot dogs (with Victoria Crest sausages).
As usual, all are welcome, including non-members (‘guests’), who can just turn up and go to our registration desk, to sign in and pay the guest fee of RM10 per kid.
It’s essential for everyone (members and guests) to sign in before the run and sign out after the run, so we know that nobody is lost.
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate – just click one of these icons:
So you should find it easily, but we’ll have our usual bunny signs as you get close.
From BATU CAVES:
– Take the B57 Hulu Yam Baharu road.
– Drive pass the Hulu Yam dam and reservoir.
– At Hulu Yam town turn right towards Genting Highlands on B113 and set trip meter to zero.
– 4.4 km Traffic lights, Shell station on Left, turn RIGHT onto B114.
– 5.9 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 10.7 km Turn LEFT
– 10.9 km Turn RIGHT
– 11.3 km Turn LEFT
– 11.4 km Turn RIGHT
– 11.6 km Park at run site
– Continue north on Highway 1 ( Old Ipoh Road ) through Serendah to Batang Kali.
– At traffic light in Batang Kali turn RIGHT onto B113, and reset your trip-meter.
– 1.9 km At traffic lights (Shell station on right) turn LEFT onto B114.
– 3.4 km Turn LEFT (signposted Air Panas Hulu Tamu).
– 8.2 km Turn LEFT
– 8.4 km Turn RIGHT
– 8.8 km Turn LEFT
– 8.9 km Turn RIGHT
– 9.1 km Park at run site