Venue: Sungei Batangsi, Ulu Semenyih, Selangor
Travel Time: 60 to 75 minutes
Date: Sunday 1st April 2018 (April Fools’ Day / Easter Sunday)
Registration: 14:15 – 14:45
Run Starts at: 15:00
Hare: Nikolai Wilson
In April we always have an Easter Egg hunt (after the run), so get your little bunny noses twitching and ready to sniff out some chocolate!
As usual, cold drinks and hotdogs (halal – made from premium Victoria Crest sausages) will be available.
The run-site is off Jalan Sungei Lalang (B19), which goes from Semenyih town towards Nirvana memorial park (this road continues past Sungei Tekala to Hulu Langat, but our directions assume you’re coming from Semenyih).
If you reach Nirvana, you’ve gone about 1km too far!
Or search Waze for “Amsupply Sdn Bhd”, which will get you almost all the way there – just follow the bunny signs once you’re off the main road (B19).
The best way to Semenyih depends on where you’re coming from in KL/PJ, but here are example directions:
- Get onto the North–South Expressway E2 heading South
- Take the exit towards Cheras Sentral / Tmn Len Sen
- Follow signs for E7 Cheras–Kajang Expressway to Kajang / Seminyih
- Follow signs to Johor Bahru
- Take exit towards Kajang/Seremban/Pekan bt. 11 Cheras
- Turn left onto Jalan Sungai Long
- Take left lane to E18 ramp to Kajang Silk/ KLIA / Semenyih / Putrajaya / Seremban
- Take exit 1804A-Kajang Perdana toward route 1 / Seminyih / e21 / Seremban
- Use left lane to route 1 ramp to Rinching / Semenyih
- Turn left onto Jalan 1, heading into Semenyih town
- Turn left onto Jalan Sungai Lalang / B19 (big sign-board for Nirvana) and set your trip-meter
- Drive around 7.7km (about 100m after ‘Pekan Bt 18 – 29km’ milestone) until you see yellow bunny signs
- (if you reach the Nirvana entrance, turn round and drive back approximately 1km)
- Turn right, cross the bridge and follow yellow bunny signs to the run-site.
The road is good for all vehicles – you just need to keep your eyes open so you don’t drive through a few pot-holes.
As always, bring a change of clothes & shoes, and either bring money for drinks/hotdogs or come with your own picnic.