Run-site: Ulu Tamu
Travel Time: a little over an hour depending on where you start from
Date: Sunday 6th September
Registration: 1:00 pm onwards, or come earlier for a picnic
Run starts: 2:00 pm
Hares: Italians, Brits and Iranians
This is our AGM run!!!
That’s the start of a new membership year, and also the start of a new committee year. So please bring your pocket money to renew your membership, and also think about joining the committee.
The run-site is next to a small river (or large stream?) in the Ulu Tamu area, beyond Batang Kali and not far past the hot springs.
Like everything else at the moment (and until the end of the year, if not longer), we have an SOP to follow, so:
– please stay at home if you have a fever or other symptoms
– when registering, please wear face-masks, present foreheads for temperature measurement, wave elbows instead of shaking hands, and bring a phone to scan our QR code (MySejahtera)
– please remember social distancing – even in the wide open spaces and fresh air, there are still rules
We will be serving drinks as usual, but recommend that you bring your own snacks/picnics.
If you want to make a mini-holiday of it, there are a number of eco-resorts very close by, with prices from RM60 for a chalet at Kem Rimba Tamu (where we ran from in January – call Sunan at 013 388 0713 and say Cesare from the Junior Hash sent you) to a lot more money for glamping at Dusun Bonda, both of which have accommodation overlooking the river.
This run site is near the end of the road that goes past the Ulu Tamu hot springs.
Click on one of these icons to head to the run site:
Or follow these directions:
– Exit KLCC and take Jln Kuching/Route 1 and continue for 21km
– Keep right to continue on Rawang bypass for 7.5 km (still on Route 1)
– Keep right at the fork to continue North on Route 1 for 15 km
– Turn right at the traffic lights by Batang Kali police station, onto the B113 (Jalan Batang Kali – Hulu Yam Baru)
– After 1.9 km, turn left on the B114 (Jalan Ulu Kai) towards Ulu Tamu / Ulu Rening
– After 1.4 km, keep left, still on the B114
– After 2.1 km, turn right, towards Ulu Tamu hot springs
– Continue for nearly 4 km, until you reach the run-site beside the road
There are many alternative routes, including a number of different junctions off the N-S highway, but all will go past the traffic lights near the Batang Kali police station.
And all will end up following either blue or pink paper for a fun jungle trail!