Run-site: Ulu Rening area (but different from February)
Travel Time: 1:10 to 1:20, depending on starting point
Date: Sunday 10th March, 2019
Registration: 1:15 – 1:45 pm
Run Starts at: 2:00 pm
Hares: Oakley family
This is another secluded site by a stream to play in.
At the run, we will have cold drinks on sale, plus hot dogs (with Victoria Crest sausages).
As usual, all are welcome, including non-members (‘guests’), who can just turn up and go to our registration desk, to sign in and pay the guest fee of RM10 per kid.
It’s essential for everyone (members and guests) to sign in before the run and sign out after the run, so we know that nobody is lost.
As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate.
If you click one of these icons, it will direct you to the run-site:
We’ll have our usual bunny signs as you get close.
The last part is a gravel road, so drive slowly.
For traditionalists, you could follow the directions below (there are also good alternatives, e.g. past Batu Caves and up the new Rawang bypass, or via the N-S highway to Bukit Beruntung):
From KL Head North on NKVE and Exit 117 for Sungei Buaya / Serendah.
Reset Trip Meter at Toll
- 350m Turn left onto Route 1208
- Go straight (winding road) for just over 2km until you reach traffic lights
- Turn right at the lights, towards Serendah/Rawang
- Drive straight for about 3km, passing the Perodua factory, and keep in the left lane as you approach the old highway 1 at Sungei Choh.
- Approx 7km: turn left at traffic lights onto route 1, towards Serendah / KKB / Ipoh
- 26km (just after bridge and road sign to Rasa on left) Turn Right, following hash signs onto gravel road at cemetery.
Follow Hash signs for a further 3.6km, to the run-site.